IECEx and ATEX certified robots
All robots supplied by ExRobotics are certified for use in IECEx and ATEX Zone 1 areas
- A Zone 1 area is classified as a place in which an explosive atmosphere consisting of a mixture with air or flammable substances in the form of gas, vapour or mist is likely to occur in normal operation occasionally.
- IECEx is an international standard that covers many countries around the World.
- ATEX is the European equivalent of that standard.
- In the future we intend to certify our robots for onshore USA (Class/Division), Russia and Euro-Asia (GOST) and Brazil (INMETRO).
- They’re currently certified for use in temperatures between -20C and +50C. We plan to increase this range to -40C to +60C.
- They’re certified for IIB environments (ethylene and similar) and have a temperature class of T4 (maximum surface temperature 135C).
- Although the robots are rated IP54 (dust protected , splashing water resistant) the individual modules within the robot are water-proof. The robot can be deployed in torrential rain, snow, and very high humidity conditions.